This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide through a contract with us or when you visit the website www.narrate.co.uk (our “Website”), along with our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our systems when you contract with us;
- on this Website;
- in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website; and
- when you interact with applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
This policy may change from time to time. When we make changes to the policy, you will notified or asked to accept the policy with its changes the next time you log in to the Website.
Information collected/supplied via our Website
This section discusses how we collect and process data we collect about you and information you provide to us.
Information we collect about you
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, biography, (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as country, company, and title; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- automatically as you navigate through the site: information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies; an/or
- from third parties, for example, our affiliates and service providers.
Information you provide to us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website; this includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our website, purchasing services or posting information; we may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website; and
- records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”).
Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorised persons.
Usage details, IP addresses and cookies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customise our Website according to your individual interests; and
- speed up your searches.
Cookies, Google Analytics & social media plugins
- Disabling cookies: You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work social media sites including Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin will set cookies through our site that may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and, as was previously mentioned, if there is something that you aren’t sure you need it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However, if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us.
Information collected from/supplied by you when you contract with us
We store the personal contact data and project collection data of our clients/customers and subcontractors. We do so in order to:
- provide you with secure access to your project setup or data;
- respond to any queries or questions that you ask us;
- communicate licence information with you;
- communicate financial transactions such as proposals, invoices, receipts and contracts; and/or
- engage in any required credit control communication.
The following points relate to personal and project data for our SenseMaker clients:
- We only hold contact data for users associated with the client while the client is still an active client (that is, collecting or analysing project data). Once the client has completed work on all client projects, we will remove all client-specific user details and all remaining collection data from our system.
- Personal data of users whose access is limited to specific projects will have their data removed from the system once the functions they have been authorised for have expired.
- Narrate Ltd. will remove any client user from the SenseMaker system when requested by an authorised customer/client person.
- Narrate Ltd will remove any client project collection data on the request of an authorised customer/client person. Any SenseMaker users who are exclusively associated with this project will also be removed form the system.
- In the case of any removal of SenseMaker client project collection data, the client/customer will have an option to receive a password-protected zip file containing XML file versions of the whole project data collection. At all times the customer/client is able to download a CSV version of the project data, provided a client user has been authorised to the CSV data export option for that project.
How we use your information
We will not sell your information on. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to register you for events and provide you information about those events;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
How long we keep your information
We store your data for as long as we believe there is be a legitimate mutual interest between us, as an existing or prospective customer.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to fulfil the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; or
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Narrate Ltd, our suppliers, event attendees or others.
Choices about how we use and disclose your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional offers from Narrate Ltd: We do not directly provide your personal information to third parties for the purpose of promoting their products or services. We may periodically send you promotions about our own products and services. We may also send you promotions about third party products and services on their behalf. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Narrate Ltd to promote our own or third parties’ products, services, or events you can opt-out in email messages you receive with such promotions or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Narrate Ltd as a result of a service agreement or event registration.
- Email marketing services (e.g. MailChimp): We may send marketing messages via an EMS, email marketing service provider. Such messages may record a range of data such as times, dates, IP addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data to show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign. Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences. See any email marketing messages for instructions on how to do so.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Location and international transfers
Your data is largely held and processed within the EEA, however some of our third-party suppliers, such as hosting providers and other technology-focused service providers, are based in the USA and so store and process data within the USA. In these cases, the companies subscribe to the EU-US Data Privacy shield programme (https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome), which aims to ensure USA based business comply with relevant European Data Protection regulations when dealing with European businesses’ personal data. By submitting your data and agreeing to this policy you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.